Jobs & recruitment
With the increasing challenges arising within the engineering and manufacturing industry it is vital to be aware of all the latest jobs and positions that are available. Companies are keen to discuss their latest opportunities with candidates with previous experience but also those with relevant technical and management skills that can transfer easily from other sectors of industry.
Closing Date: 5th April 2013
As part of our continued growth, we are undertaking a substantial overhaul of our business systems.
The integration of Siemens’ Team Centre as our PLM system is a core element in providing the foundation for future success. To enable this, we are seeking a PLM Project Manager/Systems Architect to join us at our Banbury base.
In return we offer a competitive salary, private health scheme and a challenging and energising team environment where you have the opportunity to really make your mark.
• Program and Project Management to drive specification and implementation of Team Centre within the organisation working closely with Siemens.
• Leverage best practices from PLM instances and identify process enhancements.
• Administer both the hardware and the software of the PLM system effectively.
• Actively manage user expectations.
Coordinate support and mentoring.
• Provide senior managers with a strategic vision on how best to use PLM to enhance the companies stated objectives.
• Successful candidates will be expected to communicate and build good working relationships across the business but particularly within design and production.
Essential Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or IT or similar level of knowledge and experience.
• Proven extensive experience in PLM processes and applications, ideally, Siemens Team Centre.
• Experience of deploying complex software within an engineering environment.
• Proven understanding of process and Data modelling techniques and tools.
• High levels of competence in programme and project management.
• Confident and experienced at working at all levels within the business and able to work with minimum supervision.
• Highly motivated, proactive team player.
• Able to quickly build respect and trust.
• Excellent attention to detail, accurate and methodical.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you would like to apply for this position, please e-mail email@example.com quoting job id: 14/2013. Please attach an up to date CV and your salary expectations.
Product Development Engineering Graduates - Jaguar Land Rover
Salary £29,000 Midlands only
Using some of the world’s most advanced systems and facilities, graduates accepted onto this scheme will spend two years enhancing Jaguar Land Rover's existing vehicles and shaping new ones. You will be challenged to be creative and push boundaries in everything from design and craftsmanship to power and fuel efficiency. You’ll do so in a huge range of areas, from body, chassis and electrical engineering to quality, testing and design.
Mechanical Engineer - IHC EB
Mechanical engineers are taken on at all levels from recent graduates to Principal Engineers. They work in project teams right through the job from concept to commissioning. You will draw on experience in using 3D CAD design tools, preferably Autodesk Inventor Series, in an industrial environment, to work within small teams to create and develop models, then produce detail drawings of fabrications and machined parts.
Principal Engineers (Structures) - BAE Systems
Salary competitive Barrow-in-Furness
BAE Systems currently has fantastic career opportunities for Structural Engineers to join its Submarine Solutions division in Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria.
Electrical Design Engineer - Triumph
Graduate starting salary from £28,000
Triumph is currently looking for Electrical Design Engineers who have a degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with, ideally, proven experience in a design role using a 3D CAD package. The group will also consider recently qualified graduates, with a 2:2 or above, and candidates with a HND qualification and proven relevant experience. Training will be provided, as required for the role.
Robotics Software Engineer - Dyson
Salary competitive Malmesbury
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals who wish to invent, design and develop leading products for the global market. By working in the group's world class Research Design and Development department, individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people,
Apprentice opportunities 2012 - ABB
ABB has started the search for this year’s new craft and technical apprentices to join its Power Systems Division based in Stone, Staffordshire. The group is seeking talented people to help build Britain’s greener power networks and to support its ambitious growth plans.
CNC Programmer - Ricardo
Ricardo is seeking a CNC Programmer who is fully conversant in machining setting and the programming of full 5 axis simultaneous machines.
This role involves working in a small team to deliver high quality transmission components, mainly for the motorsport/aerospace industries, with a right first time philosophy.
Test & Repair Technician - Thales
Salary DOE South East
Due to ongoing growth and redevelopment Thales is looking for a Test and Repair Technician to come and join its existing Test and Repair Team. The successful applicant should have a good understanding of electronic test and repair. The role can offer training and qualifications as well as significant future career progression opportunities both in the UK and globally.
For regular Engineering Week updates.
For a regular copy of Engineering magazine.